Losing weight has been a current thought for every people struggling with obesity. Being overweight always comes with many other complications, be it physical or mental. Several problems like Diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, hormonal problems, depression, and low self-esteem are linked with being overweight. It is natural that gaining extra weights will make us unfit. It will also make us unhappy about our appearance. Due to obesity, features like breathlessness and body aches become significant. Especially with women, problems with the menstrual cycle and hormonal disorders are very common nowadays. Due to the increase in the fast-food lifestyle, being obese is becoming overwhelming. This horrifying problem can be altered with some changes in our lifestyle, which should include a balanced diet and proper exercise.
People nowadays hit the gym and try hard to lose some kilos. Hitting the gym and doing exercises will definitely make you lose some weight, but if you are suffering from any of the complications mentioned here due to the increase in weight, you must go for yoga. Doing yoga fixes many bodily and mental conditions. Yoga increases the physical flexibility, which helps to get rid of any type of body aches, nerve blockages, and muscle problems. It helps to correct your posture and builds muscle strength. Doing pranayama and meditation increases mental peace and can help to reduce low mood and other psychological symptoms.
The most important item that we need for yoga is a yoga mat. It is not proper to do yoga on a naked floor. Yoga mats are made up of fabrics to reduce slipping while practicing yoga. They are also known as non-slip mats, non-skid mats, and sticky mats. Commonly, the yoga mats are made up of natural jute and rubber with microfiber layers at the top. The yoga mats for beginners must be non-slip yoga mat so that the person can practice with ease. There are several yoga mats available easily in the online market. You can choose one of them from the yoga mat reviews given there. Visiting several online shops, you can have a quick idea about the best yoga mat for you. But it can be sometimes confusing too. So, to help you out, the descriptions of some yoga mats are given here. Go through the article to find the best yoga mat for you; it will also include the best yoga mat for the beginners and the yoga mat reviews.
Balance From GoYoga All-Purpose High-Density Anti-Tear Exercise Yoga Mat with Carrying Strap
This one is the best yoga mat which you can use for any kind of exercise. It is a non-slip traction mat and a yoga mat with carrying strap. It is light weighted and portable. This mat is half an inch extra thick, which will provide you with more comfort.
- This yoga mat measures 71” in length and 24” in breadth which ensures to give comfort to people of any shape and size.
- As it comes with half-inch extra thick texture, it provides more comfort while doing the yoga requiring sitting. It gives comfort to the hips, knees, and spines.
- It comes with non-slip surfaces on both sides. This helps in the comfortable practice of yoga without thinking of getting slipped while practicing. It gives excellent protection from getting injured, which makes it the best yoga mat.
- It provides outstanding resilience, which helps to maintain body balance while doing yoga. It has excellent moisture resistant technology which will help you to clean the mat with soapy water.
- This is a yoga mat with carrying strap which is of lightweight and it will help you to carry the mat anywhere.
- It comes with 2 years of the warranty period and is easily available in the amazon.com store.
- It is very light weighted and has anti-tear properties.
- It can also be used for the person who is quite taller, even about 6’ height.
- It is made up of natural ingredients.
- The mat does not move with the movement of the body.
- It is perfect for doing meditation.
- It has a strong odor and can take some time to dissipate.
- It makes some squeaky noise while doing exercise.
- Problems with stitches at the corner of the mat are quite troublesome.
- While rolling and unrolling the mat, a couple of rubber strands come off.
- Due to the thickness, the problem of sinking while doing yoga is also a problem.
- You may not get the exact color of the mat you have ordered, and you need to adjust to this problem.
Sivan Health and Fitness NBR Comfort Foam Yoga Mat for Exercise, Yoga, and Pilates
It is an exercise yoga mat which is ideal for doing exercise as well as yoga. It is easy to carry outside as it comes with a yoga mat bag. You can simply roll the mat and make it a bag and can easily carry outside. You can easily carry this mat at your gym and amaze others with this excellent exercise yoga mat.
- It is 71” in length and 24” in breadth. The size of this yoga mat ensures that even a tall person will easily fit into this mat.
- This mat is ideal for pilates, stretching exercises, toning workouts, and of course, yoga.
- It has 1/3” ultra-thick surface which is designed with foam. This thickness of the mat easily protects the person doing yoga from any bone injury. It protects knees joints and elbow joints where these areas are involved during exercising.
- It will help you to maintain a good grip on the floor and the balance of the body.
- It has a ribbed surface on one side and the smooth surface on another side. The ribbed surface is a non-slip surface which is slip-resistant and prevents the chances of any kinds of injuries while practicing yoga.
- This yoga is very easy to clean. As it is water-resistant, you can just apply some soapy water and wipe off the yoga mat. And you will get a new yoga mat again.
- The unique feature of this product is that it is an exercise yoga mat cum yoga mat bag. You can easily carry this mat just like a bag anywhere you feel like.
- It gives a relaxing feeling to the knees, feet and back region.
- It is ideal for doing hardcore exercises with g=heavy weights.
- The extra thickness ensures extra protection.
- It can even easily hold a person weighing 250 lb and can make the experience the same comfort as the other person feel.
- The strap is very travel-friendly.
- It becomes smelly after a month of use. Clean regularly to avoid odor formation.
- After using it for a while, the side edges of the mat will get curled. Try to roll the mat and pack it properly after every use to get rid of the side curling.
- It is not that much of sweat-resistant. If you sweat a bit more than others, then there are chances of getting slipped while during exercise.
High-Density Deluxe Non-Slip Exercise Pilates & Yoga Mat
This mat is a non-slip yoga mat which is perfect for heavy exercises. This is a genuine yoga accessories product which you can get from amazon.com. This non-slip yoga mat comes in different mono colors and even bi-color designs.
- It measures 72” in length and 24” in breadth. It is a 6mm yoga mat which is of a high density, unlike the other yoga mats. It is 4” longer than the average yoga mats.
- The mat has a double-sided non-slip texture which gives the ultimate comfort to the person while doing even hardcore exercises. The non-slip surface restricts the person to slip off while exercising. It gives stability, which is essential while doing exercise.
- The mat is tear-resistant and durable. It is exclusively made for workouts and without any toxic phthalates, latex, and heavy metals.
- This yoga accessories product for any type of body shape and size. It is also perfect for practicing any kind of yoga and pilates.
- It gives a money-back guarantee offer for 30 days applicable since the date of the product bought.
- It has anti-scratch properties along with the anti-tear features.
- It comes with several bright colors which will create an intense urge to practice a bit of more yoga.
- It can be easily cleaned and scrubbed underwater.
- It gives great comfort to yoga doer.
- It creates a relaxing feeling during exercising.
- It has sweat-absorbing grips which will protect you from not getting injured while exercising.
- It is a bit heavy due to the extra thickness.
- This mat gets dirty after a couple of use. Make sure to clean the mat regularly.
- After washing with soap, there are chances that some residue soaps with getting adhered with the mat. Clean the mat properly for further use.
Jade Harmony Yoga Mat
This one is the most comfortable yoga mat among all. This is a non-slip, comforting, all-natural, and harmony yoga mat. This mat is amazing for practicing meditation. The comfort provided by this mat will make you feel at peace and into some another world.
- This is the best yoga mat of nature.
- It is made up of open-cell natural rubber which provides you a great grip.
- Natural rubber provides you with greater comfort and resilience.
- It is not made up of any synthetic plastics. It is absolutely made up of natural rubber and renewable resources.
- It suits any size and shape; it is the best size yoga mat.
- It gives you great balance without any slipping.
- It makes you feel sitting on a cushion while doing exercise. It is the best size yoga mat cum a comfortable yoga mat.
- It has an excellent density which provides the ultimate stability.
- This yoga mat has a strong rubber smell.
- The rubber, at times, comes off the mat.
Gaiam Yoga Mat – Premium 6mm Print Extra Thick Exercise & Fitness Mat for All Types of Yoga
This yoga mat is one of the most premium yoga mats. It comes with different vibrant colors and exclusive designs. You can easily get this mat in amazon.com.
- This yoga mat is durable but lightweight. This is the best thick yoga mat. It measures 68” in length and 24” in breadth with 6mm of thickness.
- The yoga mat is an absolutely non-slip and sticky yoga mat. It provides excellent grip while during exercise.
- It is non-toxic and is made without 6P. It is a PVC yoga mat and is free from DEHP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, DBP, and DNOP.
- It comes with a free downloadable yoga workout which will help you to start with your yoga practice.
- One of the most premium yoga mats comes with various kinds of designs which attract the person to do a bit more yoga.
- It is perfect for home use or studio use.
- This best thick yoga mat protects the knee joint and the elbow joint.
- It helps to maintain the proper posture.
- It is durable and allows hardcore exercises.
- After the use of month the color of the mat fades and becomes brittle. Avoid exposure of sun to prevent it.
- It is difficult to carry outside.
- It is heavy to carry outside.
So, here is the list of best yoga mats, which you can choose to work out on. Some of them are going to give you additional services, and some of them will give you extra comfort. Choose, according to your need.
Yoga Mat Buying Guide
While looking for the best yoga mats available, we figured in several qualities, including esteem, material, mat sort, measure, thickness, weight, fragrance, concealing decisions, and certification. We moreover joined a Yoga Mat Buying Guide at the base of this review in the event that you don’t have the foggiest idea of how to sort out the qualities recorded. For more experiences concerning each mat, click on the mat name.
It is difficult to consolidate each yoga mat in our once-over, so we’ve joined a bit of the mat we’ve done expansive research on – or before long used! Examine our top yoga mats.
As I dove into investigating the best mats available, I comprehended there are several segments that are basic to consider while obtaining a mat. I grasp that in a vast expanse of yogis, things like association regard, biological impact, and material sort would very likely be information you’d find obliging while making this endeavor.
To help clarify a bit of the factor, I referenced for each mat above; I’ve depicted them in this manual for the help you pick the qualities that matter most to you.
Mat Type, Open Cell vs. Closed Cell
Open-cell mats are somewhat similar to a wipe; they absorb moisture, which is sometimes referenced as an advantage for hot yoga. I noticed anyway that some of the open-cell mats got surveys about gathering an excessive amount of perspiration and turning into a puddle. These mats normally need to wash consistently. It would be ideal if you search for explicit consideration guidelines for the mat you pick; however, some can be machine washed, and others must be washed by hand. They all need to hang dry. Another note about open-cell mats, since they absorb moisture, they additionally absorb microscopic organisms which can sometimes make for a foul mat if it’s not being cleaned consistently.
Shut cell mats, as you can presumably expect, don’t absorb moisture or microscopic organisms. There are just three shut cell mats on my rundown, two of which are Manduka’s and the main protest I found about them is that they are tricky – particularly during hot, sweat-soaked yoga.
Some mats currently consolidate materials and are both; open-celled on one side and shut on the other.
It’s critical to consider your yoga condition, practice style, and eagerness to invest energy, keeping up your mat when thinking about this factor.
There are many different materials utilized for the mats on this list. While doing my research, I attempted to discover an assortment of value alternatives just as different materials. In the event that you have sensitivities to specific elements if you don’t mind check the cosmetics of a mat before you make your buy.
Biodegradable mats will decay once discarded.
Tree elastic is an inexhaustible asset.
PVC isn’t biodegradable so on the off chance that you choose a mat made with this current, it’s imperative to choose one that is going to keep going a truly prolonged stretch of time, so it’s not contaminating the landfill.
Some of the mats on the rundown are thick yet exceptionally lightweight, thusly they’re reality squishy under you. This may be great in case you’re looking for pad; however, it’s probably going to feel shakier than denser mats.
So you’ve chosen to join the 21 million grown-ups in the U.S. who practice yoga. Or on the other hand possibly you’ve had it with your mat, and you’re looking for a new one. Regardless, over at The Huffington Post, we’ve been pondering: what would it be advisable for us to search for in a yoga mat to make sure we benefit from our vinyasa?
After counseling a couple of yoga teachers, we got some understanding into what everybody should know before purchasing a yoga mat. Here are some tips.
Is there anything more awful than sliding around on your yoga mat while attempting to take full breaths in descending canine? Not a chance. So when you’re looking for a mat, try out hold. Are your palms sliding around? It is safe to say that you are sticking to your mat for dear life? Assuming this is the case, it’s likely not the mat for you. Be that as it may, in the event that you do finish up with a tricky mat, yoga educator Yanoula Athanassakis has a couple of recommendations.
In case you’re new to yoga, make sure your mat is cushioned enough
When you’re simply beginning, developing your quality takes some time – to make sure your mat is there to enable you to out en route.
“For spic and span yogis, it’s essential to have a more cushioned mat to that can gradually construct joint and muscle quality and help avoid damage,” Athanassakis said. “I utilized a wobbly mat for a period, and my wrist truly disturbed me from reversals.
Be that as it may, try out the froth circumstance
Cushioning is incredible and all, yet make sure you’re not doing your sun welcome on a goliath bit of foam. “Extremely frothy mats are more for exercise center work or resting,” Athanassakis clarified.
Keep poisons as a top priority
Some yoga mats are loaded with PVCs, which is a lethal plastic with cancer-causing agents in it. So when shopping, opt for a without PVC mat. “This mat is something you want to spend time with,” Suzanne Bryant-Cunha, a San Francisco-based yoga teacher who made the narrative “YOGA IS,” said. “You want to wear natural items. Natural elastic feels so much better.”
Keep it light
As significant as cushioning seems to be, who wants to drag an overwhelming mat around throughout the day? For a decent parity of thickness and delicacy, opt for the eKO Lite Mat, which retails at $52 and gauges 3.5 pounds, as per PopSugar.
Try not to be reluctant to spend a couple of additional dollars
Try not to misunderstand us: we’re tied in with setting aside cash. Be that as it may, a brilliant yoga mat merits the rampage spend. “Dodge the modest mats,” Athanassakis said. “You may believe you’re sparing a buck at first; however, you’ll wear it out rapidly, it’s awful for the earth, and shabby mats are typically excessively slight and wobbly.
Pick a fun mat
In the same way as other of life’s practical devices, you’ll make the most of your mat more if it’s satisfying to take a gander at. In the event that a brilliantly shaded or designed mat will make you bound to go to yoga, get it going.
I go for a fun shading,” Bryant-Cunha said. “Jade yoga mats arrive in an assortment of wonderful hues.
If you love to read our review, then you can read our review about DYNAPRO The Best Exercise Ball hope it helps you to choose the right exercise ball.